Thursday, July 23, 2015


Kansas-Open
The rocky cliff and green moors, my ancestral land declare me clan Morrison. A need for freedom to morn made me an artist. Wide open places have always been important to artist. There is nowhere more open then Kansas. But Kansas also has the dark past of a war over slavery and a divition during the civil war. I now live near the hills.

Kansas-spirit of the prairy.jpg

Kansas has a very unique mythos as it is not as strong the South or the west .The emptiness is symbolic of the openness of the state. In the distance is the image of the buffalo. It is symbolic the spirit of the Native Americans that roomed the vast prairie. The Sun Flower is the state flower and the symbol of the state being on the state quarter. The Meadow Lark is the state bird. The Cottonwood is the state tree. The blade of wheat shows how Kansas is a cereal state. I drew this picture about a year ago.

Rice and Roses0003.jpg

The name of this Rice Culture as in China, Japan, Korea, ect. with sumie Japanese charcoal ink painting. It is said that is why Japanese are so smart.  That dedication also brings beauty seen in the rose. I panted this picture recently and if you are interested in buying this or another of my art email me at MatthewMorrison76@yahoo.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment