Thursday, August 27, 2015

Maryland-Old Glory
The glorious Highland luminance and the great Pictish Stones swear me that I am Clan Morrison. The lamination of expression and ancient trees and barns declare me an artist. As an artist, I have an affinity for the South and there was only one true border state which is Maryland. Oddly, the state anthem is the same music as O Christmas tree. They are known for crab cakes. I am learning to draw the Highlands.



  Maryland has a very interesting mythology. This piece does have some of the weirdness.   Everything is on “Old Glory,” the flag that flew over Fort McHenry which inspired the American national anthem when Francis Scott Key say it during the battle in the War of 1812. The fort is on the state’s national park quarter. The Black-eyed Susan on the horn is the state flower. The horn is actually a goat horn which is for Goatman who is from a weird vestigial organ study having the horns and hair of a goat and is ravishing the country-side.  I is currently on the Cryptide list for North America. The Lady with her hand on her cheek is “Black Aggie,” an illegally copy grave marker of a crying angel for a Civil War General.  There had been mysterious stories about it and a college fertility hazed new members by making them lay in her arms all night. One night exactly at midnight it can alive, killed the guy in its lap and stated swinging it at the rest of the college students. It was seized by the Smithsonian for the public protection. I drew this picture last week with pencil and white charcoal.

I named this piece “Flower  Barn” and made it with ink and water colors last spring. The joy with spring is color.  The vivid purples and other hues must be shown but the clouded skies need also to be seen. I used the wet on wet technique for the sky. If you want to by this or other of my work email me at MatthewMorrison@yahoo.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment