Friday, August 7, 2015


Indiana
Learning my heart language with the land of my forefathers seeking freedom from England in my 20’s proves that I must be a Scottish Clan, Clan Morrison. Working hard at a profession but not not making much money at it proves that I am an artist. Being a native Texian, I used to live in Indiana, and I was cold and no longer seek snow. Most people there are Polish and the northern part of the state is as flat as a pancake. One often wonders if there is anything in Indiana apart from corn. Scotland still will one day be free.

Indiana has a unique mythos. This is skipping Indiana’s Bigfoot. Everything is on an Amish quilt. The Amish settle near the Potawatomi nation and have a museum. The shoe is a snow boot. The snow has its own mythology likewise the pioneers have a separate one with the best known being Abraham Lincon. The front is the state flower peony. The back flower is the state tree Tulip Tree. The hat is from the battle of Tippecanoe from Indiana’s favorite son Henry Harrison who died because of his long inaugural address. Hoosiers hate Tecumseh. The battle was actually the Americans beating back the Native Americans under the Prophet who were beating back the Americans under Governor Henry Harrison were destroying the their capital. I drew this picture last December.



The name of this piece is “Waterwheel” and I painted it recently with Sumie.  Some one said that there were very few water wheals left in Japan. Also, the poppies were something I loved in France. If you want to but this or any other of my art email me at MatthewMorrison76@yahoo.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment