Friday, June 12, 2015

The desire to communicate drives people like me to be an artist to which I am.  I am a descendent of Highland Scot and clam the name Matthew Morrison. Like many artists I have an affinity for therefore the southern US. In college, we studied mostly Alabama in politics class, but all of my politics classes were on the 1960’s. One teacher was Communist, but the other was conservative. The first was during the 2008 election with the communist Professor and was called the Politics of Change and half the class thought it was about Barak Obama and I was one of two people in the class who were not at Obama rallies. (Changeͭͫ  or Change you can believe in) I find the state kind of like me, good but with a lot of rough edges. When my parents drove through and broke down in Mobile, the clerk told them that they were good people so they should not stay around there. I had a friend from Alabama and he was a little old to be in college. He was a serious student but had a dry humor. Before I became an artist, I was a communication student At Purdue Calumet.



State symbols and mythology create the Alabama state of mind. Nature is an important aspect of the mythos of Alabama.  Everything is on the secession flag of that state showing its proud connection to the CSA which also to provide Alabama’s Christian dedication as the most common o Google search in Alabama is “God.”The flower in the middle is a Camilla, the state flower.  (It is both red and white.)The monument to Martin Luther King Jr relates the Selma incident and the Edmond Petace bridge massacre. Stocky Carmichael, legend of “Black Power,” is also associated with Alabama.  The Racial 60’s were decided in Alabama and the Martin Luther King Memorial in Mobile has his famous speech on the base. (not in picture) The turtle in the fore ground is the state reptile the Red Eared turtle.  The wood pecker on the turtle is the state bird but also stands for the vast woodlands. The branch behind the flower is the state tree Hemlock. Thee blackberry behind the turtle is the state fruit. I drew this picture about a year ago and if you want to buy it email me at MatthewMorrison76@yahoo.com.
 


The Name of the piece is Farm Tools. It was on a backroad in a field in Indiana. My grandpa sold farm machinery and I was raised being taught all the farm tools by my mother in spite of the fact I was raised in a major US city. I don’t recognize this piece of Farm equipment so anyone out there please tell me what it is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment