Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Tennessee-Sound of Music
Descending from the Highland Brieve , great family Clan Morrison, my name is Matthew Morrison and I am an artist. As an artist, there is a je ne sais quoi about the American South. Outside of Texas, Tennessee holds the South to my family. My great grandfather Sam Houston Morrison got his dad into a fight because Sam gave his black friend a drink from the white drinking dipper. As the poor undertaker’s son, Sam had no knowledge of the racial divide.   It should be pointed out that Sam’s father was a Carpetbagger from Ohio who ran off with the doctor’s sister. Ironically, Sam grew up and moved to California. I rode through Tennessee once. There was a strong blizzard. I also have many friends from the Memphis area. They harassed me because I did not believe in Death metal which I do believe in now. I am still surprised because Tennessee is famous for Country Music and Elvis. (I do not want to see Black Death Metal Elvis.) Also the School Psychologist was from there too but we all picked up a Georgia accent even the South African. I now seek more honorable ancestors learning Scots Gaelic.
 

No one questions the mythology of the state of Tennessee. It is also known for Bigfoot, but it was too weird at the time. (I believe in Fairies now.)The hat is for the mountain people who happen to see Bigfoot. Everything is on the state flag which was the states secession flag; in order to explain, this is why there is a small stars and bars. The instrument is a viella  not a violin which is the origin of the word fiddle originated. It is a five string viola like instrument from Southern France that was quite popular in the Middle Ages. This was brought Tennessee by French religious refuges bringing French Country music to the US. American Country Music came from this. Country music mixed with African rhythm created Rock’N Roll with Elvin in Grassland. This is what gave Tennessee the mythological birthing place of American music. There is also a Huguenot’s Cross necklace on the instrument. This is from the Group Les Enfants de Dieu which failed a revolt against the French King. They brought a “Pentecostal’ Idea to Tennessee which is still seen there. (The group became the Nazarenes in America.)I drew this during the Sochi Olympics.

Sir Walter Scott brought back building castles in his mythologizing the Scottish Highland. This idea was brought to the new world. I found out about this one in Indiana on one of the largest farm in Northwest Indiana from the man that takes care of their horses. At first, I was more impressed by the barn across the street at first, but discovered its beauty after several pictures.  I drew it from the road on a clear day across the street from where I drew Barn Crest. Email MatthewMorrison76@yahoo.com if you want to by the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment