Monday, September 26, 2016

Apache-Color of the West

The pot that the fairy wife took and Olaf the Black who washed up on Lewis sing that I am Clan Morrison. Bamboo and horse hair blushes endowed with Japanese culture and the pastels of France tell that I am an artist. The closest thing to the highlanders in the US is Apache. My sister’s Texas history teacher pronounced the name “A-pot-to-shey.” The best known was the Dutch Reformed “Medicine Man nicked named Geronimo. Morrisons are said to be descendent of Olaf the Black or Lost Tribes.
  


                Apache have one of the most interesting mythologies. Their cryptid is a Skinwalker, a shapshifter. The Arizona wilderness has a special beauty which can only be expressed in pastels. The distinct red, blues and yellows are more controlled with chalk. Like all good pastel works, I has a lot of purple. I had to use a book to get the colors right. Originally, the teepees were not going to be in it, but it needed something special by the river that shows humanity. It was difficult to add the white teepee, but after that was done adding a black buffalo herd was easy. It is 8” x 6,” drawn with pencil and white chalk and completed recently.


The name of this piece is Pacific Island, is 6”x8” and drawn with pastel on cardboard recently. I enjoyed drawing American Samoa, but the way I do the State Series does not have color. However, the Pacific needs color. If you are interested in buying this or any other of my work email me at MatthewMorrison76@yahoo.com to order.

No comments:

Post a Comment