Thursday, August 4, 2016

Rain-Sui-Riu

The search of the Princess of Land-Under-the-Sea and the sea stead of the Dark Prince sing to the sea that I am Clan Morrison. The rawness of beauty and the simplicity of medium declare me an artist. It is said that the weather report for Ohio is “It will be overcast unless there is a severe drought.” I am from Texas so either it rain or it does not rain, but I have enjoyed a good hurricane party in my time. Actually when Hurricane Rieda came through the area needed some rain.


Rain has always been mythologized. The Japanese mythology has the king of dragons fulfill this. The name they give it is Sui-Riu (Rain dragon), the Chinese call it T'ien Lung. Its power over rain is from swallowing large amounts of water and plowing boiling gusts. The ascending dragon and rain symbolize prosperity. Like all Japanese dragons it is three toed. It is 8.5” x 11,” drawn with Sumie  and completed recently.

 The name of this piece is Eternal Bamboo, is 12” x 18” and drawn with Sumi-e recently. The swallow is lucky symbol of fertility. The chupi style is more a style in amini. If you are interested in buying this or any other of my work email me at MatthewMorrison76@yahoo.com to order.

No comments:

Post a Comment